Hustisford Community Library Plan 2018-2021
October 3rd , 2018
We welcome and support all people in their enjoyment of reading and pursuit of lifelong learning. We strive to provide equal access and quality resources to information, ideas and knowledge. By utilizing various materials, and the internet, we provide services that provide innovative programs to stimulate creativity, intellectual curiosity, and facilitate continuing education and research within the Hustisford community.
The Hustisford Community Library will be the hub of creative life in the community. We will excel in: collecting, preserving, and providing access to the best scholarly and educational resources; providing high quality, innovative services; and creating a welcoming and comfortable physical environment. We will foster an atmosphere that encourages diversity, excellence, and continued growth in finding ways to surpass our own high standards.
- Provide library services and resources in multiple formats that meet our users’ needs.
- Re-imagine the physical space of the library to better meet the demands of our patrons in the future.
- Educate users about the library’s services and resources.
- Increase collaboration with students, school faculty, library staff, and the community.
- Continue to offer literature rich resources and physical access to information and entertainment.
- Work with staff on training in current trends on technology and readers’ advisory.
- Provide excellent programs and services by sharing ideas and opinions and maximizing our talents to better serve the community.
- Create a comfortable, welcoming and safe environment for the community.
- Seek additional resources through continuing and expanding volunteer programs, fundraising, accessing grants and increasing efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Friends group on fundraising and promotions.
- Bridge the gap in the digital divide between patrons and digital technology and the internet.
- Utilize technology that enhances staff efficiencies.
- Continue to refocus programs and services to respond to changing community needs.
- Educate the public on the technology resources we offer and how it can benefit them in their personal, educational, and professional lives.
- Promote Library as a central hub in the community.
Capital Improvement Goals: 2019-2023
- New Flooring for the main library and the children’s area.
- Furniture for leisure.
- New tables and chairs for the computers.
- Create a Seed Library within the main library.
- Create a Community Library Vegetable Garden on the library grounds.
- Create a Maker Space/STEM lab for young people to explore.
- Create a computer lab for educational classes and internet instruction.